-->
Hello Patron. Good to see you here. Have a great reading time with us! Choose your pick and indulge! Don't forget to share your views. Thanks for visiting.

The Unforgettable Friend

We all have many friends at different stages of life. There are those naughty school friends with whom you grow up in your formative years. Then come those who help you make it safely through college. Later in life, we all make friends in different spheres....work colleagues, parents of our kids' friends, neighbours and many more. I am no different. Being the extrovert that I am, I had no difficulty at all in making lots of friends wherever I went. I treasure all my friendships and try my best to keep in touch with my pals. Recently, with the advent of Facebook, the world has become even smaller.

But there is this one friend, someone who is very dear to me, that I managed to lose contact with.....I tried to find her on every social media website possible but haven't been able to trace her. I just can't get her out of my head. So today's post is dedicated to her......MY UNFORGETTABLE FRIEND.



The memory is still fresh in my mind. It was the first day of medical school. She caught my attention almost instantaneously as I entered the lecture hall. Sitting alone in the corner, she was sulking(probably missing her home). I went up to her, held out my hand and introduced myself. She responded likewise and I sat down beside her. We both sat there, clueless of the roller coaster ride that we both were going to experience for the next 4 years.

It was the most cherished friendship I had. We got along like two peas in a pod. From bunking classes to go and watch movies, to hanging out in the canteen, answering for each other during the attendance roll call, to late night sessions of gossip over endless cups of coffee..... we had done it all. We had been there for each other through our worst days, heartbreaks, ill-health and much more. Days changed into years and just like that it was time to say goodbye. 

I just cant forget the pang I felt as she climbed the train heading to her hometown. She stood at the door, a mix of emotions reflecting in her eyes too. Promises of staying in touch were made...but fate had other plans for us. Slowly distance got the better of us. 

Today, long after that last day, she still lingers in my mind. How I wish I had not given up. But all I can do is pray, that she will get to read this some day and will know that she is MY UNFORGETTABLE FRIEND......


                                                   -------------By MocktailMommy Prasanna
This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.

9 comments:

  1. Are you sure she's not on Facebook? I reconnected with a pen pal I had over 40 years ago - when I was nine - in another country whom I've never met face to face. Have you looked for her?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did Holly. Infact I check Facebook every year....but no luck. Thanks for the suggestion dear. I am glad u found your pen pal online!!

      Delete
  2. Oh Prasanna dont you know her phone number ?Someone who kenows her now?I have managed to find and keep in touch from my friends from school and college mainly because of facebook and phone numbers.Medschool friends are the best kinds !Most of my friends are firiennds for last 17 years .Loved reading this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, that phone number has changed....have tried in all possible ways to locate her, but to no avail. Thanks for your valuable feedback dear!!

      Delete
  3. Wow beautifully written. Am sure you will find your friend one day, since as the saying goes, one in the end finds what one truly yearns for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too Alokika...thanks for visiting us and sharing your thoughts.

      Delete
  4. Such a friend is really unforgettable, may she soon be on fb and the lost friends unite together

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your good wishes Monika..

      Delete