Summer Craft For Kids...Holiday Special!
Summer is here, ever rising mercury has announced it in a real HOT way!... And it's a vacation time for kids as well !!! It is usually kids ' favorite time of the year'- but not so for parents and nannies. It can be tricky finding activities to keep your child occupied during this time off from school. Other than days by the pool, what can you do to bring some excitement into the seemingly endless dog days of summer ?
The answer is : CRAFTS !
Here I am giving you some kids friendly craft ideas that are inexpensive, easy, great for all age groups and perfect to do indoors. When we talk about summer , the first thing that pops up in our mind is " SUN " . Lets bring the sunshine at home without the heat with this easy to make SUN craft.
* A waste c.d.
* Sketch pens
* Colorful paper strips ( 1 c.m. Wide and 12 c.m. Long )
* Yellow and white A4 size paper sheet ( you can use card papers for both )
1. First, cut a small circle from yellow paper sheet. Circle should be a smaller in size than CD. Then make cute expressions on yellow circle for Sun's face by using colorful sketch pens. The sun may not look cute these days with all the heat and sweat but try to make it as cute as possible.
2. Then, cut again a circle from white paper sheet which should be the size of CD
3. Now, make loops from colorful paper stripes . Stick a glue at one end and press other end on that.
4. After that put all loops on white circle . Arrange them in a circular way and keep little distance between two strips . Then stick all loops with glue .
5. At last , stick CD on that white circle with strips and then put yellow circle on the top of the CD. Your cute colorful sun is ready !!!
Now , lets make another craft, a " Hot Air Balloon " with those left over colorful strips. It's so easy and younger ones love making and playing with it!
Materials required for " Hot Air Balloon " :
* One white drawing paper
* Colorful sketch pens
* Colorful strips
1. Draw some scenery with pencil and draw a hot air balloon that is little bigger in size than the rest of the scenery on drawing paper.
2. Now make textures and fill colors in trees, land , clouds by using colorful sketch pens.
3. Then stick strips, one by one, in circular way . Glue one end of strip at one point and stick other end on opposite side of the circle.
4. Your hot air balloon composition is ready to fly high!!!
After a hot summer all that we want is rains ....the waterfalls !!! So what better than waterfall craft for kids . Lets make a "Waterfall Of Hearts Card" .
Materials required for " Waterfall Of Hearts Card " :
* Any colorful A4 size paper
* Small ready made colorful heart shapes sticky note (You can make hearts from colourful papers as well)
* Pencil and ruler
1. First take an A4 size paper and draw a rectangle 6 inch wide and 9 inch long, cut it with scissor and fold it into half to make it look like a card.
2. Cut a 8 inch long and 2 inch wide paper strip from remaining paper.
3. Next take a heart shape sticky note and place it on this strip such that it's bottom tip touches the bottom of the strip. Now draw a line on the top of the heart such that it is perpendicular to the height of the heart shape sticky note.
4. Next draw 5 lines parallel to this line moving upwards at a distance of 1 cm .
5. Then fold all the lines with the help of a ruler.
6. Now take the hearts and stick the top portion using glue on each of these lines.
7. Your strip with the hearts is ready.
8. Next cut another small strip.
9. Stick the bottom of the heart strip at the center of this new strip as shown in the picture.
10. Then roll the heart strip backwards and stick the new strip on the card such that the rolled over heart strip is able to slide through.
Now , our waterfalls hearts card is ready to roll, watch this video to see it in real!
In case you are not able to see the video above, please check it out on our YOuTube channel... https://youtu.be/x8FduO7Rq-k
Not satiated with these craft ideas...hungry for some more craft ideas with kids??? Visit my Facebook page... "Artful Kiddos" at https://www.facebook.com/groups/1356686247751138/
---------------------By MocktailMommy Vidhi