-->
Hello Patron. Good to see you here. Have a great reading time with us! Choose your pick and indulge! Don't forget to share your views. Thanks for visiting.

JUICE IT UP

Summer is gearing up day by day, here in India. With mercury rising every notch, one feels to reach out to liquids to ward off never quenching thirst. So what better option for "J" other than "Juices", I thought!

Liquids work wonders to parched body and we all are aware of benefits of juices. For me its like giving few minutes, few ingredients, few efforts to make your body healthy, happy and fit. Time taken by the juices to replenish the vital minerals and nutrients is least... that's what doctors and nutritionist say! Many brands are available in the market to help you with a quick fix juice. But nothing can beat home made juices from fresh vegetable and fruits. These homemade juices have goodness of energy, vitamins and minerals...and yes..loads of LOVE! No one loves monotony...applies to juices too! So be creative... mix and blend ingredients that seem contrasting. Have a sqeeze that is worth it!

Sharing with you, two such off beat juice recipes, which are my favorite...

P2-Palak Peru Juice (Palak - Spinach, Peru- Guava)

Ingredients:-
Palak(spinach) 1 bunch
Peru (guava) 2 to 3 ripe guavas
Honey as per requirement

Method:-
Take a bunch of spinach. Pluck leaves and wash them. Take ripe guavas. Wash them and cut into small pieces. Put spinach leaves and guava pieces in the blender. Blend it well, till you get a thick and smooth consistency. Use strainer to filter out guava seeds if any. Serve cold.


PM- Papaya Muskmelon Juice 

                          
Ingredients:-
1 small papaya
1 medium size muskmelon
Saunf (aniseed) 2 tbsp 
Honey as per requirement

 Method:-

Take papaya, peel out skin and remove seeds. Cut it into small pieces. Now take muskmelon, peel out its skin and remove seeds. Cut it into small pieces. Put the pieces in the blender along with saunf (aniseed). Grind it to a  fine and smooth consistency. Thats all...now pour it into a glasses and serve cold!

If you want your drinks to be sweeter, you may add honey. My tip for this is to avoid sugar! 

Let me know whats your favorite juice!
                                                      --------------By MocktailMommy Ruchi

17 comments:

  1. I don't usually make juices myself, probably because I think they take more time and effort than they actually do, but that Papaya Muskmelon juice sounds delicious! Might just have to give that one a go :)
    J is for Jesús Navas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yesyou can try its really amazing n delicious and very easy to make

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. I thought of writing about a summer drink as well -Jal Jeera :)
    Love your recipes. I will definitely try these out. Anything to beat the heat.
    Thailand Travel Stories at Kohl Eyed Me
    26 Indian Dishes at Something's Cooking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. anything to beat to heat...I loved that!
      And yes, Jal jeera is an apetizer and thirst quencher...and most important very refreshing on any day!
      Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  3. I might sound like a kid
    But palak..noooooo
    Papaya...doesnt it generate heat inside your body??? but musk melon & honey i guess neutralize it

    A Peice Of My Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Palak with Peru is unique blend... take my words...it will turn out to be fabulous...just try it once! And dont forget to share your maiden experience with it!
      Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  4. I abhor muskmelon! No amount of coaxing can convince me to have it. I used to dislike papaya as well, but now I eat because it's good for bowel movements :P

    I wonder what would the above drink taste like?

    Cheers
    BoisterousBee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Geethika, there is twist in the tale of these juices...two contrasting ingredients, when blended together, make for a yummy squueze! Try it out dear... it wont fail to satiate your taste. Thanks for reading the blog.

      Delete
  5. Papaya and melon sounds yummy! I love fruits and vegetables, and I want to experiment more with smoothies and juices...

    The Multicolored Diary: WTF - Weird Things in Folktales

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go ahead and just do it! You sure will love these blends.
      Thanks you for visiting!

      Delete
  6. These juices look so tempting -- especially the spinach one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes, I'm trying these, and if I still had my bar I'd sell them too! My favourite Indian juice? Kingfisher I think!

    Another day in Amble Bay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Saw you at my blog. Thanks for visiting. Home made smoothies are the best, I agree. I'll be looking at some of your ideas next week after my oral surgery. I'll be on a liquid diet until my palate heals and the stitches dissolve.

    "Female Scientists Before Our Time"
    Shells–Tales–Sails

    ReplyDelete
  9. Muskmelon... From the picture, it looks like what I know as a cantaloupe or rock melon. I admit, I've never tried that as juice, but why not?

    In summer, when there is a wide variety of fruit, I eat a lot of fruit salad for breakfast. Sometimes I have too much to fit into a bowl, so I throw the lot into my blender, with a bit of cold water, and turn it into a very nice juice. It can be anything - peaches, pineapple, strawberries, nectarines, blueberries... Whatever. I don't need sugar OR honey. In the winter I just squeeze some orange juice, which brings me a little bit of sun in a cold time. I have had juice of prickly pear, but only when someone else makes it - delicious, but too fiddly to peel more than one at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmm, I love juices and smoothies. In the summer, I use whatever fruit is in season to make my smoothies. I also never add sugar or honey. Fruit is already sweet enough. It's delicious prepared in the food processor with some almond milk.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These sound very good! My own favorite is spinach and banana, made with ice cubes so it stays cold and has some liquid to it.

    ReplyDelete