-->
Hello Patron. Good to see you here. Have a great reading time with us! Choose your pick and indulge! Don't forget to share your views. Thanks for visiting.

Fun With Cooking

HELLO...my friends and patrons! Today I will share something about my cooking experience, my journey in the cooking world. When  I was 15 years old,my Mom used to talk about cooking...How to cook, how to cut veggies, how to get the dough for chapatis ready, how to make sweets, how to put spices and other ingredients etc. At that time, I used to get angry and tell my mom that "I will not venture into the kitchen and don't talk to me constantly about cooking." Actually, I displayed my utter disinterest to my mom. But the real fact was that I was afraid to cook. What if it wasn't good??? But later, when  I started learning more and more about cooking, I fell in love with it. It was a love story which started on a note of hatred! Over the years,  I really enjoyed this art and deeply realized that truly, one can have FUN WITH COOKING!!!
So friends, free your minds of any fears or apprehensions and enjoy every bit of cooking .......believe me it is like an interesting story with all magical ingredients! I am sharing with you an Indian recipe that I enjoy the most.....both, cooking & eating!!!!
                                           
KHANDVI RECIPE
Ingredients 
Gram flour 1 1/4 cups
curd 1 cup (dahi / butter milk)
1 small bowl coriander mint chutney
Oil 4 tablespoons
Salt to taste
Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
Lemon juice 1 tablespoon
Asafoetida a pinch
Mustard seeds 1 teaspoon
For Garnishing
1tbs oil
1tbs musterd seeds
1 tbs til (sesame seeds)
Coconut scraped 2 teaspoons
Fresh coriander leaves finally chopped
Method
Step 1
Sieve gram flour and keep in a bowl. Grease the reverse side of a few shallow dishes or marble table top with a little oil. Make buttermilk by mixing well, curd and half a cup of water.
Step 2
Mix the besan with salt, turmeric powder, lemon juice and buttermilk, taking care that no lumps remain.
Step 3
Cook this mixture, stirring continuously, in a thick bottomed pan till it becomes a smooth thick batter. It takes a little time to get ready.
Step 4
Quickly spread portions of the mixture over the greased inverted shallow plate or marble table top as thinly as possible while the batter is still hot.
Step 5
When cool, cut into strips two inches wide  and spread coriander mint chutney and roll them tightly. Heat two tablespoons of oil and add a pinch of asafoetida and mustard seeds, sesame seed.
Step 6
When they splutter, pour over the pieces. Serve garnished with scraped coconut and finally chopped coriander leaves.

Do try it out and share your experiences! Life is all about overcoming the fear and enjoying the blissful life! 
                                                                       ---By MocktailMommy Ruchi

10 comments:

  1. Wow, those rollups look and sound delicious! I had to look up "gram flour", it's made from chickpeas which fits right in with my current diet of no wheat. Now where to purchase it (and other ingredients like coriander mint chutney or Asafoetida) in Switzerland...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my my... That's a gud question ;) We can do one thing, let us know your address, we will courier it to u :)

      Delete
  2. I live in Gujarat, so have grown up eating Khandvi and other Gujarati snacks. I have never made Khandvi at home but this sounds super easy. Will try making it at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vinodini, wish u all the best for your maiden attempt! Let us know your experience once u do it!!!

      Delete
  3. Love love love Khandvi! Never tried making it though, always been very scared of being unable to roll it thin enough. Look forward to seeing more of your recipes!
    https://sujataravi6.wordpress.com/2017/04/07/f-is-for-flowers-atozchallenge/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sujata... Believe me, rolling is much fun once u decide to do it... Just go ahead and indulge!!!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Yes, they do...and taste also yummy! Thank you for dropping by.

      Delete
  5. OOh these look good! Can get almost all the ingredients where I live except the scrapped coconut. don't have the asafoetida on hand however as I've never used it before.

    Just dropping by from the A to Z challenge

    ----------

    Sandra, Aspiring family historian, fellow participant in the #AtoZchallenge

    Sandra's Ancestral Research Journal

    ReplyDelete
  6. The number of times, I have eaten Khandvi can be counted on the fingers of my one hand, but I love this Gujarati dish. Your recipe looks easy. Hope to try out out sometimes soon.

    ReplyDelete